Sunday 29 December 2013

What Goes Through Men's Minds

When we managed to corner the cast of comedy flick, Grand Masti, we suspected the boys would just have a good laugh while answering our questions (which they did!). But  surprisingly, Vivek, Riteish and Aftab gave us some candid insight into what men really think, while throwing in a few politically correct statements, of course.

THE PANEL:

Vivek Oberoi

Riteish Deshmukh

Aftab Shivdasani

C: Do you think it's ever okay to hide the truth from your partner?

VIVEK: "Never. If you think your partner is cool and if you're friends, then there's really nothing to hide."
RITEISH: "If you want your relationship to last, then you better abstain from hiding the truth. It's the foundation of my own relationship."

C: What about little white lies like, 'Of course you don't look fat in that!'?
VIVEK: "Oh! That comes under tact, not honesty. My father's advice for a happily married life was this: a) the wife is always right; b) she can never look fat; c) if you don't know what to say, just make a non-committal sound like uh huh!"

C: What do men lie about most?
VIVEK: "I think if you're married, men lie the most about food. About how great it is, even if it really isn't."
RITEISH: "I think men lie about spending time with their guy friends! They'll always have an excuse like, 'We got late because of traffic, or they didn't get our order on time, or say that it was a really boring party'."
AFTAB: "Haha! That's true! 'Yes, I missed you so much at the party!'."

C: Do you think men's behaviour changes when they're lying?
VIVEK: "Definitely. I'm a sucky liar. I can't lie to my wife because I can't look her in the eye and fib, so I just don't bother doing it at all."
RITEISH: "I think for guys, when a girl gets upset, they suddenly see four options and they think, 'Which one should I go with to suit this occasion?' It doesn't always work though."

C: Have you ever discovered a secret she was hiding?
VIVEK: "I think right at the beginning of our marriage I told her, 'Honey, I love blatant honesty, it's such a kick to have someone so honest'. I really regret saying that now! Women can be quite critical..."
RITESH: "Men try to be smart about what they want to say. Anything to get a soft landing and not hurt the other person. Women have no problem with that aspect. They'll just lay it all out there, so basically no, I've never discovered anything she might have been hiding."

C: Why are men so bad at talking about their feelings?
AFTAB: "I think women are more judgmental and men fear that judgment so we tend to withhold our feelings and internalise them."
RITESH: "I don't like to discuss issues. I like to deal with them myself. It's not about big issues or small issues, I just like to get over it and move ahead as quickly as possible."

C: So do you talk to your friends about your issues?
VIVEK: "Yeah we do. We don't have three hour chats about one issue. It's a three-minute conversation and we discuss what needs to be done. So in a way we're more doers than talkers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment